Seadoo Wont Start

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

vpinzon

Okay so I've kind of lost right now, I've had some cascading issues with my engine and now its not starting. A little background, engine was rebuilt and only been tested a few times which it ran just fine.

This is a 2010 Seadoo RXT 215

Now for the cascading issue:
  1. Took ski out for a test but it wouldn't turn over. (assumed battery was dead)
  2. Charged battery but still no crank, solid thud.
  3. Issue turned out to be a stuck fuel injector which was filling #2 cylinder with gas causing too much pressure to turn engine over
  4. Vacuumed out gas out of cylinders and replaced all 3 fuel injector, engine turns over but no crank
  5. When re-installing new spark plugs I noticed one of my spark plug holes is stripped and plug wont screw in (too loose) (getting Time-Sert to repair)
My theories:
  • No compression on stripped cylinder
  • Gas in oil causing overfill (not sure if this can cause a no crank issue)
I'm thinking its probably the stripped spark plug hole but not sure. Anyone have any ideas?

I hate to be the bearer of bad news but it sounds like a classic case of hydro lock, when running a cylinder filling with liquid (gas, coolant, water) instead of vapor and the liquid does not compress like vapor causing a sudden stoppage of the piston as it heads for top dead center. This can cause all kinds of bad things to happen to the engine, bent rods, bent valves, stripped spark plug holes, etc.

Last edited:
I hate to be the bearer of bad news but it sounds like a classic case of hydro lock, when running a cylinder filling with liquid (gas, coolant, water) instead of vapor and the liquid does not compress like vapor causing a sudden stoppage of the piston as it heads for top dead center. This can cause all kinds of bad things to happen to the engine, bent rods, bent valves, stripped spark plug holes, etc.
It was hydro locked but it was not turning over either. Damage could be done but since it did not turn over or run while it was hydro locked I wouldn't think this is the case.

I guess it depends when the fuel injector stuck open, if it happened when it was running fine you probably have some engine damage.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back