Seadoo Spx 657cc 1995 Oil injector

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.
Your metric numbers confused me for a bit (American [emoji3]) but sounds like a 50:1 ratio. Does anyone know if that’s the right ratio for Sea-Doo? I was running a small tank of premix at 40:1 while servicing /bleeding the oil pump (to make sure there weren’t any bubbles in the system.
Yes I’m mixing 50:1

So there is a big black hose that goes under the engine I believe, is that the line for the rotary valve? There is also another line from the oil injector with a filter on it that goes to the carb... was there only one oil injector line to each carburetor or just one that feeds both?

W
I didn’t ask for everyone to talk me out of it... I just asked a few questions that I thought you guys could help me
Well most of the guys here that are giving out opinions are doing so out of experience. I don’t think any of the regulars here would try to sway you one way over another unless there was good reason for it... In this case, it’s because we see far more oil related failures on premix machines than we do on oil injected machines. I know that sounds counterintuitive since the Yamaha and Kawasaki guys will have the exact opposite experience, but we just don’t see those types of failures on Sea Doos... I wish you luck with the machine, and hope it all works out well!

Thanks!
W

Well most of the guys here that are giving out opinions are doing so out of experience. I don’t think any of the regulars here would try to sway you one way over another unless there was good reason for it... In this case, it’s because we see far more oil related failures on premix machines than we do on oil injected machines. I know that sounds counterintuitive since the Yamaha and Kawasaki guys will have the exact opposite experience, but we just don’t see those types of failures on Sea Doos... I wish you luck with the machine, and hope it all works out well!

On your question about the oil injection lines....the parts diagram seems to show only a single oil line to the pump and injection.

IMG_0065.JPG

So there is a big black hose that goes under the engine I believe, is that the line for the rotary valve? There is also another line from the oil injector with a filter on it that goes to the carb... was there only one oil injector line to each carburetor or just one that feeds both?

The two bigger 12mm lines go to the rotary valve cavity.
The 8mm line with the filter goes from the oil tank to the injector pump, not the carbs.
The two little 3/32" oil lines go from the oil pump to the intake manifold.
That's it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back