Seadoo rxt x 260 2012 rpm problems

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

Aimoleana

Hi all, I have a seadoo rxt x 260 2012 and when I start it the first throttle press I get 6000rpm and after that, it gradually goes back down till it reaches 4300 rpm and it sticks there with wide-open throttle. I check the sc for slip nothing I changed the plugs, throttle body, temperature sensor and oil pressure sensor but it still runs the same and have no idea what it is.

Any codes/check engine on dash? Maybe check throttle position sensor or the servo that controls throttle body?

Ok In that case I would take the intake off, it might have water in it reducing the volume of air. This might be caused from a leaking intercooler. You run in salt water? I’ve seen this symptom before and the intake was about half full of water. It’s a pretty simple job to do. If it does have water in it there are a threads on testing for a leaking intercooler.

Yes I do run it in saltwater, I tested the ic by removing the hose that goes to the throttle body and starting it and let the water run and it didn't have any water coming out of the hose. when you say intake you mean the intake manifold right?

Yep intake manifold take it right out and see if you have water in it. If you did the ic test, I’m assuming you checked all the worm gear clamps on the intake hoses right? Generally If the intake hoses are loose or leaking tho you’ll get a dash code tho.

If your intake is free of water, you can go back to the fuel delivery system. The throttle plate and body can be cleaned especially operating in salt water. The ETA,(servo)ECM, and throttle plate positions can be checked with BUDS (dealer) but not sure if Candoo software can do that.
The TAS on the handle bar could also be the culprit. I would probably try cleaning the plate and throttle body and if that doesn’t help get that sucker hooked up to a BUDS diagnostic tool.

Last edited:
No water in the intake. I have a friend that will come over to test the fuel module pressure. yes I scanned it with BUDS and couldn't see any issues.

That’s about it for fuel if the pressure checks okay, spark is there, that leaves air if your confident the motor is good. Starts okay, runs good at the lower RPMS. Whats your SC history? and did you check the SC clutch slipping moment minimum 80 inch/lbs. Head cover needs to come off for that or you can take it out and bench test it. Clean the SC inlet. Exterior intercooler not much there just clean and make sure it doesn’t leak. Compression or leak down test for motor?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back