SeaDoo P0340 "Camshaft 1 signal error" code - what did you find to be the issue?

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated

evagig

Premium Member
Premium Member
Hello everyone,
For those who have dealt with a check engine code P0340 Camshaft 1 signal error. If the problem was not solved by replacing the camshaft position sensor, what was the solution?
I have the CanDoo code reader and can reset the codes. I replaced the the camshaft position sensor on my 2015 Spark and the code readily returned after being cleared with the computer. The machine runs ok. It has a rare hard start, but responds well when riding.
Any advice? Thanks.

Hi everyone,

I am a first time user of this forum and dunno where to look for this but I also get the check engine code P0340 Camshaft 1 signal error.
I have replaced 5x molex connectors on lower harness, the cam sensor and upper harness. I have the Map-tuner X code reader and i can reset the codes on ECU. After I replaced the the camshaft position sensor on my 2015 Spark and the error reoccurred on the computer immediately after start. The machine runs OK. I do have to try and start like 3 to 4 times to get her going. Any advice would be greatly appreciated...

Back