Seadoo Limited 155 Sucked in Life Jacket Straps....

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mosnowman

Okay so a drunk guy in the cove swims up and as I reverse... it sucks the straps off the life jacket he was sitting on. We used a knife and cut up most of it that was wrapped tightly. A storm blws up and we have to go quickly. When the throttle is punched it see s like it may have spit out any remnants left inside. It seemed to run normal after punching he throttle to get out of the squall coming.

My question....as a total newb do I need to have this brand new Seadoo looked at by the dealer or is it something I can fix if need be? I dont really have any idea what I would be looking for but since it is under warranty... any advice?

You may have to remove the pump to see if anything is left in there wrapped up. Do you have any cavitation or loss performance at all such as revving but no acceleration? If not then you probably got luck and it all blew out.

Your warranty doesn't cover sucking in life jacket straps (or anything else for that matter). If it doesn't seem to be running right, then you should go ahead and pull the pump out and check for any leftovers still stuck in it... it doesn't take much to screw up the flow of water thru these little pumps. However if it's running ok now then you probably got it all out.

- MIchael

You may have to remove the pump to see if anything is left in there wrapped up. Do you have any cavitation or loss performance at all such as revving but no acceleration? If not then you probably got luck and it all blew out.

Yikes...you described exactly how it is acting! Sounds like I didn't get it all.....it's going in for servicing. Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back