Seadoo Islandia front Bimini side front curtains bow filler custom cushion to make sun pad / bed?

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

SeptemberC

Has anyone attempted to make a cushion for the bow (pool area) so that you can turn that area into a sun pad / bed? My idea is to use the table hole for a center support and also support on each side (somehow).

I think I have seen a pic of one before. Maybe I am just confusing it with one I saw on some other boat but remember thinking how awesome that looked

I’ll be starting my 2nd (front) Bimini, front, sides & rear curtains and bow filler project sometime this week. I’ll keep you posted.

When I saw this I saved the pictures so I could one day maybe get this done. Here's the only other picture I could find. Hope it helps, and if you do get it done, please order one for me hahafiller cushion2.jpg

Today’s progress. We had planned on working on making the front Bimini but we didn’t have 96” zippers . So we started this!! 72716DB4-E35C-4301-9FC1-0067F7E6D9AF.jpeg

Haven’t gotten that far yet. I used 3/4” plywood and it’s supported all the way around. The post was my original thought BUT support is most needed in the rear near the edge. that bucket in the picture is the exact height that I would need the support to be sooooo I might just be using a bucket LOL.
We cut it in half so that it can be stowed in the rear along the starboard side. There’s plenty of room.

The full enclosure is also in the works. We had to order zippers for the front & rear Bimini, and all of the side curtains . We already have the screen and canvas.

Work will resume tomorrow... if we make good headway I’ll post some pictures of the progress.

That's great! Are you putting a post underneath where the table would go?

Last edited:
Today’s progress.

Does anyone have a front Bimini currently? I’m trying to figure out how I’m gonna STOW the front Bimini when it not in use.

01af60977992db442e10e4fee6f2521b.jpg
0f9d9bdde13bafcdd453c4b6c6276f3f.jpg

Cushion looks great. Is there enough clearance where you can still open the change room door??

I found this pic of an islandia with the front bimini stowed also.

Just wanted to ask how you Islandia owners got your boats ready for the spring? I've read the forums thoroughly about it and just wanted your opinion.front bimini.jpg

Thank you for that! We made progress today but dang it I forgot to take pictures!
My concern is blocked navigation lights and I hate to admit it but the thought of the front Bimini having to be “stowed” possibly in a leaning forward position (opposite to the rear) in my opinion doesn’t look to good. But if it’s leaned backwards then it would block the opening of the bathroom.... What’s a girl to do?
I’ll remember to take pictures tomorrow. We should have the front Bimini completed tomorrow and possibly begin work on the side curtains/ screen windows.

We made the front Bimini.
My upholstery guy got a virus and we’ve not done very much the last few days. We did hang a sheet around it this morning to get a rough idea of what the side curtains will look like and how we plan to wrap around from the sides to the front. 02A3EC9A-3200-4818-812D-E856611E03A4.jpeg
1F76E2F9-6569-48AF-962C-8ED2C51598A1.jpeg

so refresh my memory, did you purchase the front bimini or had it made?

We would love to add one to ours

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back