SeaDoo HX problem

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey everyone, I’m rebuilding a SeaDoo HX 1995. I’ve ran into couple of issues I can’t figure out. First one is after I try to run it and release the STOP button, the starter keeps running if ski didn’t start, the only way i figured to turn it off is pull the + on battery. It has hard time getting to run, but once it does and I try to hit throttle, it doesn’t go up in RPMS and it sounds like clogged exhaust ( not the hoses I’ve checked those ) also there is a rattling sound it the muffler in the rear. Anyone has any idea what the issues might be and solutions ? Thanks!

It sounds like you’ve got several problems going on at the same time... The starter running is most likely a bad start/stop switch. Check that with a multimeter and see if the contact is opening when you release the button.

The running issue could be quite a few things, but start with the fuel system. Replace any grey fuel lines with black automotive lines, replace your fuel selector and the o-ring on the water separator, and rebuild the carbs with genuine Mikuni parts. There is a sticky at the top of this forum on carb rebuilds. Read it all the way through and follow it to the letter.

You may also have an exhaust problem. Pull the water box out and see if anything is broken or rattling around inside. There shouldn’t be anything loose in there. The sound could also just be the pump rattle that all Sea Doos make, but pull the water box and check it out just to be sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back