Seadoo GTI le Starts but stalls

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.
Perfect got the rebuild kit so will be taking it apart either way! Thank you guys for all the help! First time even putting my eyes on a carburetor should be fun

Where did you buy the carb kit from? It has to be only Genuine Mikuni. Don't use the springs in the kit and it's also a good idea to replace the needle and seat which aren't in the kits.

Where did you buy the carb kit from? It has to be only Genuine Mikuni. Don't use the springs in the kit and it's also a good idea to replace the needle and seat which aren't in the kits.

I know it gets said over and over again, but this is really important. You wouldn’t believe how many times someone rebuilds with an aftermarket kit and then starts a new post trying to diagnose a lean condition, or poor running ski. If you rebuild with anything but OEM parts, consider it practice because you WILL be doing it again...

No worries guys all the parts that are going to be replaced with OEM mikuni parts bought the needle and valve separate as well mikuni OEM! Will I have to rebuild the pump too or take it apart?

The pump only consists of the metal cover, the gasket, and the plastic diaphragm. If the gasket looks to be in good condition, I would just replace the diaphragm, but I’ve had some trouble with a fuel pump not sealing recently, so that might just be my personal experience speaking.

Your pulse nipple should be fine. Mine came that way when I ordered a new set of carbs. It was damaged in shipping, and isn’t something that breaks very often while installed in the ski.

Thank you guys for all your help! It ended up being the fuel selector valve... it was so coroded it was just free spinning when trying to turn it.... I took the Valve off and turn it manually with pliers and turn right on and stayed on!

Thank you guys for all your help! It ended up being the fuel selector valve... it was so coroded it was just free spinning when trying to turn it.... I took the Valve off and turn it manually with pliers and turn right on and stayed on!

Please replace that valve. If it’s that hard to turn it’s going to leak air and seize your engine. Most aftermarket ones are junk, I suggest oem.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back