Seadoo GSX Bombardier 12V Low

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ben1002

Replaced starter motor at beginning of summer. Never even got to take it out!

Went down unit to start it up today. Flat battery so started with snap on jump back (provides stable 12.4V)

Jetski started up and runs lovely but battery not charging. As soon as I remove the jump back from battery the engine cuts out !?!?!? Very strange

It really doesn't charge very quick running it on the ski. Disconnect the battery and put it on a charger or conditioner. If that doesn't work and it hold a charge you'll need a new battery.

It really doesn't charge very quick running it on the ski. Disconnect the battery and put it on a charger or conditioner. If that doesn't work and it hold a charge you'll need a new battery.
The battery was new at start of the year but has been left drained. I find it strange the engine dies as soon as jump pack is removed?

Be careful with jump packs as they can fry the MPEM.

If it won’t run your voltage regulator could be bad. Also a battery that has been discharged for a while typically won’t come back.

I thought this was only running cars that could fry MPEM? As jump pack is just a stable 12.4V I assume it would be fine?
Regulator location on a Gsx??
Be careful with jump packs as they can fry the MPEM.

If it won’t run your voltage regulator could be bad. Also a battery that has been discharged for a while typically won’t come back.

I thought this was only running cars that could fry MPEM? As jump pack is just a stable 12.4V I assume it would be fine?
Regulator location on a Gsx??

The use of jump packs being good or bad has been on-going debate on this forum, I don't see how it could be an issue, the voltage is nothing more than another battery being connected parallel to the ski. But jumping from a vehicle that can shoot upwards of 14.5 volts is a different story and I'd avoid at all costs.

Miki is correct, after a deep discharge typically a battery doesn't come back, but guess I lucked out after reconditioning with my Viking device. It was a NAPA gel battery showing less than 10 volts on it and hadn't been used in about 2 yrs. It works fine now and holds a strong charge, even after sitting a couple weeks connected in the ski.

Highly recommend the Viking charger/reconditioner, you can catch them on a good buy at Harbor Freight for about $35-$49.

I’m not an electrical engineer but I have seen many cases where the boost packs fry the mpem. There is more to some of them than a simple battery because a very small one can start a big V8 so somehow they do increase the power.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back