Seadoo Factory Wake Tower Question

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

Freeguyad

Recently bought a used '06 200 w/ tower, and it turns out that the metal supports that add in and come out to expand/collapse the tower along with the hardware are missing. The previous owner somehow fabricated an alternative using PVC pipe and some metal rods, but this looks cheap and does not raise the tower to the proper height.

I browsed SeaDooWarehouse.com hoping to find these parts but from what I can tell they only sell the tower as a whole and can't seem to find these side supports by themselves. Does anyone know of a place I can purchase these from or know if I'm SOL and may have to resort to having a shop try to machine some up for me?

Thanks.

Freeguyad, is this the original model of tower or did you get a replaced as part of the safety recall ?(see "recall section" in the sticky at the top of the 4 Tec Boat Section) If its the original, call Seadoo with the HIN and check if your boat has been included in the recall, there may be a free tower replacement available to you.

The prices for the tower supports are atrociously expensive. Even then, I'm pretty sure that the part that is available separately (204072258) is not what you are looking for. I'm thinking you want the short legs that are about 18" long. Those don't appear to be available separately.

My guess is that you'd be best having a local fabricator make something up for you. One that works with aluminum. Maybe you could get some photos and measurements from an owner here who has your model. In a perfect world, you might even be able to find someone near you who has the tower that you could befriend and borrow they're legs in the off-season so that a fabricator could use them to copy them exactly.

Davo - I am not sure if the tower is original or not since we purchased it as a bank repo but I will check with SeaDoo and find out. a free tower replacement would definitely beat all other options. Thanks for the info!

Tim - Yes those short legs are exactly what I am missing. The previous owner has it ghetto-rigged like crazy right now with some PVC piping and it for one looks horrible and also doesn't sit up high enough so you really have to dunk under neath it. I will get some pics next time I'm down at the river to share. If I strike out on the tower replacement I will be looking for a fabricator here in the NOVA/DC area. If anyone here has a factory tower on their boat and wouldn't mind taking some measurements of these legs for me, it would be greatly appreciated! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back