SeaDoo Challenger 180 Exhuast Hose Loose. Need Help Please!

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

Hey Guys need some help, I have 2012 Challenger 180 SE 255 with 45 Hours on it,

was out on the lake yesterday for few hours, about a 1/2 mile from returning to dock doing about 40 MPH, boat suddenly makes a loud noise and loses all power, engine noise is strange. (defiantly didn't sound like something got stuck in in impeller)

Turn engine off and turn on, engine is gurgling/strange noise and wont go faster than 3-5 MPH. stalled once, tried starting boat up several times, it started and ending making it to the dock at about 3-5 MPH. (was not able to go any faster)

today I start checking the hull and notice, what I believe is the engine to exhaust clamp is disconnected( There is also a little bit of water at the bottom of hull also.)

I attached photo of the clamp that was loose. Is there any possibility of water in engine because of this?
I Operated boat to dock for about 10-15 minutes like this. Is there anything else I need to check? Or just clamp the hose back on and I'm good to go?

Any help /advice is appreciated!!

here is photo below I circled what is disconnected

FullSizeRender_zps5itwhatw.jpg

If there wasn't any significant amount of water in the bilge, then you're good to go.

If you're worried about it, and personally I would do this, pull the plugs and turn over the engine a few times. If no water shoots out of the spark plug holes, you can be assured your only issue was the hose being loose/disconnected.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back