Seadoo boarding step/bar... Is the older metal bar mid 2000's, same mounting points as newer 2010's bar? Interchangeable?

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tpalmer25

I have a 2014 Seadoo wake 155. The plastic step bar/boarding bar in the back broke. Looking to buy a used step/bar. A used metal bar from the mid-2000s is way cheaper (top pic) than the plastic bar from the mid to 2010s (bottom pic) Are they interchangeable? Are the mounting points the same screws? Same distance apart? Etc..... Screenshot_20230318-201644-058.pngThanks in advance!

I think they have a different width and size but would probably work fine as long as it doesn't interfere with anything on the inside or outside. The ladder kit is less than $200.

I think they have a different width and size but would probably work fine as long as it doesn't interfere with anything on the inside or outside. The ladder kit is less than $200.
Great thanks. Used metal steps are $25. Used plastic steps are $150. New plastic $200. So it's a hard case for used plastic. Thanks again.

You can buy just the new replacement step for less than $100 if your brackets are fine.
Thanks unfortunately it's the bracket that broke. Haven't seen bracket replacements. Apon inspections it looks like the mounting brackets take a brunt of the weight when you climb on it. .... Thanks again.

Pretty much anywhere including Partzilla.

292001509​

All, thanks for the help with this as this shows the power of the forum. I'll give what I figured out with all your help....

So the main part # that replaced the boarding step/Ladder is the part number above. It's a 2 part hinge and that's the half with the screw holes that broke away. It's MSRP is $52. So the questions is does a older metal bar fit which can be had on eBay used for $26. Or replace the hinge?? Decisions...

Thanks again everyone.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back