Seadoo 717 low to high rmp

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

spamcho

Hi there,
i have a problem with my seadoo GTI 2001 717cc one carb, the engine is rebuild it work perfect on idle RPM, when press the throttle wan’t rev up, but if pull out the choke for 1 sec, the engine rev to high rmp, if i ride it from middle to high rmp don’t have a problem, but from idle to middle rmp is impossible without pull out a choke.., the carb is rebuild it, what can i do?
thank you

Was it rebuilt to spec (jet sizes, needle and seat size, pop-off pressure, Low and High adjuster settings)? Was it rebuilt using genuine OEM Mikuni parts?

yes sure, if the low speed is lower than 1500RMP is it possible to have some problem? because i don't have a tacho to be sure that low rmp are 1500, i try to open the high rmp screw but nothing...

Set your adjustments to factory spec and make sure as I said to verify internal carb specs and it should run fine unless there is another issue. The low speed adjustment is just for tuning fuel mix at idle (not for setting idle, use idle adjuster that pushes on throttle lever), high speed adjuster is for tuning 3/4 to full throttle, you shouldn't have to mess with that. TTO makes a digital tach that works well, and too low idle can cause issues yes but most likely not your problem you can turn it up a little and test but kinda shooting in the dark setting it without a tach. For carb info check out this https://www.seadoosource.com/carbadjust.html

i Set my adjustments to factory as you said. The low speed adjustment is on 1 1/4 , high speed adjuster is on 0. the craft start from first time, on a cold engine without choke, work perf out and in water, when i hit the trottle 1/4 is running a bit hesitation, after 4-5 sec the engine rev up and go to high RPM, i try to open high screw but the engine is not rev up, may be need to set low screw to 1?

What did you set pop-off? Did you verify the needle and spring arm is not up too high (start with flush) and leak test the needle/set as well with carb together to make sure it holds 10psi?

the needle and spring and spring arm are the old one, try to flush with wd-40 but my psi meter is not working correctly, how i can test that carb holds 10psi?

You must make/buy a pop-off tester (AND leak test the tester itself before using as well) to properly set the pop-off (very important) and to be sure the needle and seat are not leaking or it will cause a rich condition you cannot tune out. Search up the internet and this forum it has been covered many times how to make one. Also if the spring arm is bent too high then it will cause the needle and seat to leak when carb is back together causing more issues. No way around it you HAVE to set pop-off properly in spec and leak test or you will have problems like you are explaining you have.

You have fuel delivery issues for sure,,,,I would start by by-passing the fuel selector and see what happens,,,and then I would go thru the csrbs as seadoom has suggested.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back