Seadoo 4-Tec 215ph motor compression test results

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

russ22

Premium Member
Premium Member
Hi
I have now done a compression test on the motor
1st time I did it dry connected compression tester and turned the motor over with starter 5 or 6 rotation each time
1st time Cylinder 3 (100 Psi) Cylinder 2 (100 Psi) Cylinder 1 (75 Psi)
2nd time wet put 3 squirts of oil from oil can Cyl 3 (125 Psi) Cyl 2 (100 Psi) Cyl 1 (75 Psi)

3rd Time another 2 squirts of oil Cyl 3 (150 Psi) Cyl 2 (125 Psi) Cyl 1 (90 Psi)

4th time no more oil added Cyl 3 (150 Psi) Cyl 2 (150 Psi) Cyl 1 (90 Psi)

5th time no oil added Cyl 3 (150 Psi) Cyl 2 (150 Psi) Cyl 1 ( 100 Psi)

By the 4th and 5th time when I was testing cyl 1 there was a lot of oil mist coming out of Cyl 2 & 3 as the motor was turning over on compression stroke

I also started to hear a scraping noise on cyl 1 when I turned the motor over by hand
I think I may have a broken ring on cyl 1 this would explain the low compression in cyl 1

Cyl 2 & 3 seemed to be spraying out a lot of oil mist on its compression stroke for the amount of oil I put down the bore I maybe wrong
once the oil was compressed a few times it improved the compression by 50 psi and it was not spraying the oil mist until the compression went up to 150 psi

So what do you think is going on in cyl 1

Chester is absolutely right; no time to waste with speculations and opinions.

"So what do you think is going on in cyl 1 " NOTHING cheap, simple, or good. Sell as is, or get ready to spend a chunk.

I bought the motor to rebuild it to put in my seadoo GTX SI 260 2015 ski
So I don't mind rebuilding it
I bought from an auction, I was told that the ski had been sunk but I can not find any sign off water in the motor or any water damage to the ski, it looks like new. all the electrics work
It has only done 85hrs so I thought with no water in the motor or oil it may be a good motor

Attachments

• Jet ski 2009 a.jpg
    Jet ski 2009 a.jpg
    147.4 KB · Views: 17
  • IMG_1221.JPG
    IMG_1221.JPG
    3.4 MB · Views: 16
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back