SeaDoo 260 RXPX

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bandit7

Can anyone please tell me where I could find some information or a video of how to remove and replace the ride plate (heat exchanger) on a SeaDoo260 RXPX .
Thank you.

Curious, why are you doing that? To answer your question though, it's pretty tough. On my 04 gtx, i had to pry it off with a bottle jack. They're glued on good.

Curious, why are you doing that? To answer your question though, it's pretty tough. On my 04 gtx, i had to pry it off with a bottle jack. They're glued on good.

I hit a reef and it's leaking coolant?
Any advise would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

I would maybe take it in to get welded without taking it off.they might be able to fix it in place. That would be best IMO

Stainless steel cover?
Well, i haven't seen the new ones, but the original 4tec coolers had an aluminum base that had the two threaded inlets and the coolant channels, and a stainless steel lid bolted to the top. It was so you could open the thing up and clear the passages or replace the rubber gasket. The lid will be on top. Not sure if the new skis have a ride plate under the pump be the heat exchanger, or have integrated them into the middle bottom of the hull, like the seadoo spark. In any case, they should both be aluminum. Any welder worth his salt will be able to tell the difference

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, i haven't seen the new ones, but the original 4tec coolers had an aluminum base that had the two threaded inlets and three coolant channels, and a stainless steel lid bolted to the top. It was so you could open the thing up and clear the passages or replace the rubber gasket. The lid will be on top. Not sure if the new skis have a ride plate under the pump be the heat exchanger, or have integrated them into the middle bottom of the hull, like the seadoo spark. In any case, they should both be aluminum. Any welder worth his salt will be able to tell the difference

Thank you very much. I'll be checking it out tomorrow.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back