Seadoo 2000 gtx 951cc dash always on -won’t start

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

Wiltully

Hey there new to the pwc World. I have recently acquired a 2000 seadoo gtx 951cc (red and black) suposibly millennium edition so I’m told, not sure. Basically ski was parked up for winter by previous owner, they found it had a flat battery and wouldn’t start. So I’ve got it, taken out battery, charged and tested battery. Fitted back into ski. As soon as I connect the terminals the dash comes on straight away and stays on. Nothing happens if I push the start button or connect the key to post or anything. I can’t find any one else that’s had the same issue. Is it likely to be in the mpem? And advice would be appreciated.

I would try a new battery first as there is no way that old dead battery is good.

Hey I have tried a new battery with same issue . I appreciate your input thanks

You're correct, this issue isn't common, not many people will reply because they don't know what to tell you to do. I don't either, but here's what I'd try....disconnect and clean all the plugs going to the mpem, you may have a bad connection somewhere. I don't know if this will work, but try it, spray all the connections with electrical lubrication spray, reconnect the battery and see what happens. Also, check all ground points and fuses, including any that may be in the mpem.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back