Seadoo 1997 GSX For Sale

Are you interested in this ski?

• Yes but seems too expensive

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated

rb20detpete

Seadoo 1997 GSX For Sale:

New Worx performance intake grate
Brand new wear ring
Brand new starter motor
New hydroturf footgrip
New battery
Engine rebuilt with receipts 40 hours old rebuilt at 110 hours
Ski has 150 hours
New Led trailer lights
New trailer plug and electrical loom
12 months registration on trailer and jetski
Ski is in great condition and has mostly been used in fresh water
Ski is always flushed lubed and washed after every ride
Always kept undercover
Will be sold with a fresh service before pickup

over $3000 worth of receipts

only selling due to upgrade to newer ski
would love to keep both but can't afford to!!!

$4800 Ono

any interest please email: pgrayden@Hallmarc.com.au

Hi,

I know down in OZ things are more expensive... but in the states... That's a $2,000 USD Ski. (in the middle of summer)

It's worth more as parts. OR... pull the good stuff off... put the stock stuff back on, and ebay the good stuff.

Boats are normally a losing ($$$) hobby.

Last thing... stuff like a new battery, trailer lights, wear ring are normal maintenance items... so no added value there. Also... is the starter a SeaDoo starter or an after market? If it's not OEM or Gorky (sp?) then that is a negative hit to me. Also... the rebuilt engine. I would expect that since it's a 13 year old ski... no added value. AND... since it has 40 hours on it... there really isn't any added value. (could have been over heated or submerged)

I'm not saying you are dihonist... but I don't know you or the ski personally, so most of what you posted doesn't add to the value of the ski.

Sorry.

Last edited by a moderator:
:agree: 4G's is a little much to be asking for a ski that is 13 years old no matter how good of condition it is in. Just for example, I can get a 05 RXP with 70 hours and trailer for 4,800 in mint condition in the states, sorry to be a downer

Re:gsx for sale

Thankyou for your comments:

In Australia this ski is valued at $3000 for a shitheap
and up to $5000 for a well maintained and improved version

is it better to have a brand new battery or a battery that was replaced 2 - 3 years ago as part of maintenence ,batteries arn't replaced every season and often fail when you least expect it.do you want to be the one for it to fail unexpected or would you prefer a new battery that will last at least 3 years . My last new battery lasted me 5 years without trouble!!!

Would you prefer to have a fresh wear ring our one that was replaced as part of maintenence who knows how long ago, same goes for all other new items.
I know if I was purchasing a ski I would be much more confident in long term reliability if it had a lot of brand new parts with receipts. This saves the inconvenience and cost of these items, which gives you more time on the water without expensive breakdowns!!!

05 rxp's you can't get for less then $12000 in Australia for a shitheap!!!

Thankyou for your comments:

You are welcome… But since I see triple exclamation points…

In Australia this ski is valued at $3000 for a shitheap
and up to $5000 for a well maintained and improved version

I know the prices are high in the land of OZ… but come on… $3k for a shitheap? I’m sure there are plenty of free skis over there that are on the verge of being sent to the scrap pile.

is it better to have a brand new battery or a battery that was replaced 2 - 3 years ago as part of maintenence ,batteries arn't replaced every season and often fail when you least expect it.do you want to be the one for it to fail unexpected or would you prefer a new battery that will last at least 3 years . My last new battery lasted me 5 years without trouble!!!

If I’m buying a used ski… the first thing that gets replaced is the battery, for the reasons you sited. Batteries fail, and like a said before… I don’t know you or the ski… so your “New” battery doesn’t mean a thing to me. For all I know, you let it sit dead from the time the acid was put in it… and now the plates are sulfated. A quick charge will bring it back to life long enough to make the sale… but that doesn’t mean it’s still good. Also… there are a bunch of brands of batteries that I won’t own because they are known to fail premature. So… unless you are handing me a dry Yuasa battery, in the box… the “New” battery doesn’t mean a thing.

Would you prefer to have a fresh wear ring our one that was replaced as part of maintenence who knows how long ago, same goes for all other new items.

Don’t know? Was it a factory OEM ring, or a Chinese eBay special? Is the ring nylon or stainless? The starter was already addressed. Also… as said before… 40 hours on the engine makes it a USED engine, and can be damaged. Lets face it… a 2-stroke engine can be damaged in the first 2 minutes of use if it was oil starved, or didn’t get coolant.

I know if I was purchasing a ski I would be much more confident in long term reliability if it had a lot of brand new parts with receipts. This saves the inconvenience and cost of these items, which gives you more time on the water without expensive breakdowns!!!

You and I are different. If I buy a used ski that needs love… then I expect to throw money at it to make sure it is in goo running order. The boat in my avatar was bought for $1500, and with a little love… it was on the water, running reliably for around $2200. So... Unless you can give me a guaranty, what you have is a used ski. Nothing more… nothing less.

05 rxp's you can't get for less then $12000 in Australia for a shitheap!!!

Well… if a 5 year old, used RXP is $12K… I would drive my butt over to this place and buy a brand new Honda R-12x turbo, on the trailer for $15,999 OTD.

http://www.jetskishop.com/

Please don’t get mad at what I’m saying… I don’t really know the market down there… but some of the numbers are a little un-realistic, and allot of what you are saying doesn’t mean anything to a guy who knows skis.

I’m in the states… so it’s not like I’m going to buy your ski… so this is a little like a monkey poo fight. Fun to watch, but doesn’t accomplish anything. I’m simply stating my opinions on a used ski regardless of the year.

I looked around and, yes… the used skis are expensive down there. More than I would pay since new ones, with a warranty are only about 10% more. I found (with a 2 minute search) a 96 XP in Queensland for $3900 AUD, and a 97 XP 800 for $4200 in New South Wales. Knowing that… I would say your market is around the $4k mark.

Also... remember... you asked us, and most of us are in the states, and don't know the market in OZ.

Good luck with your sale. :cheers:

Last edited by a moderator:
i need to start selling skis where your at :hurray:

Yes... it can be good money. About 20 years ago... I had a buddy who would fly small aircraft down there, and make a fortune. He was actually risking his life to do it, and eventually stopped. He would get something like a Cessna 177... pull out the extra seats, and ship them down. then he added an extra fuel tank, and would get to Hawi... refuel... and get down to OZ. (crazy)

He would buy the aircraft for $12k - $20k here in the states, and sell it for triple down in OZ.

Seadoo gsx sold

Sorry seadoo gsx is now sold,

for interests sake it sold for $4700
so thankyou everyone for your opinions but most
of you undervalued this ski in Australia !!!

Regards,
Peter

Back