Sea Trail on potential purchase : 2001 Challenger 2000 240 EFI

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.
That's all mine was. Very easy install.

I did put some silicone caulk on each screw as I put them back in. Not sure if it was needed or not.

That's all mine was. Very easy install.

I did put some silicone caulk on each screw as I put them back in. Not sure if it was needed or not.

Grate came off ( 2 10mm bolts and 2 T30 Torq ) and installed the new one. 10 minute job - 5 minutes if you have the Torq handy, and I had to dig thru tool box back in garage to find mine. Question : I assume that the old grate as well "rake" looking thingy are a set, ad I do not need "rake" with new grate?

Next thing Oil bypass and maybe try to get a few dollars on ebay for old grate...

OK... Oil bypass complete, found I had the metal oil gear (???) but went ahead with the comversion anyway. However, I left the tanks and hoses and sensors in place and full of oil for the time being. ( had already dumped oil into tank when I picked up from storage yard as I wanted the gas and oil to mix while trailering to my house )

May reconsider basded on feedback about metal oil gear. Not sure where that came from, but was a surprise.

Took for a cruise and ran well. A little smoke at first, but that was becuase I mixed a little higher than 50:1

Here is a brief summary of bypass ( sorry no pics as it was hot and i was dripping wet just to get this done today:

1) Remove oil pump - 2 screws and a connector arm to throttle
2) Loosen 3 bolts on fuel pump as shaft and busing will not come out. ( pump does not have to come off, just loosen and you may want to do this as step one as it makes the rear screw in oil pump easier to get to )
3) Plug off two oil lines ( i used 2 bolts and wire ties as thats what I had handy. Will get more apprpriate solution soon )
4) remove shaft / gear bushing.

5) Install plug and o ring, secure in place with 2 screws.
6) remove and plug crankcase hose / also install plug in engine block where crankcase hose was..
7) (optional) I replaced the fuel filter , filled with 50:1)
8) purge non 50:1 fuel out of system ( lines and fuel rail , just to be on the safe side , just removed fuel line after pump and turned the key on and off several times till has plenty of mix out of the line.

Here are the part numbers... ( same as used in another thread by buckeye_paul --- Thanks)
Qty 1 of 43453 Plastic Plug (block off plug)
Qty 1 of 22-73379 Plug (crankcase pressure to main oil tank)
Qty 2 of 10-41506 Screw (for block off plug)
Qty 1 of 25-32509 or 32509 O ring (for block off plug)

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back