Sea-Doo xP still won’t go over 4000rpm

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.
Run and stay on but won’t go over 4000rpm and 35mhp tops. I rebuilt the carbs and replace the fuel lines and the fuel selector. A guy said I might be running on one cylinder and some said it might be my Reed valve?

What year XP?

Did you use genuine mikuni kits? New needle and seats? Is your fuel strainer leaking air?

It could also be the voltage regulator but that isn't as common on the 951 XP's.

You can pull the plugs and check if you’re running on one cylinder. I would suspect it’s something in the carbs as well though...

The fuel/water separator is where the feed line to the carbs runs from. It’s usually in the front of the ski, but I’ve never dig into the newer XP hull, so I can’t confirm that. If you have one plug clean, you’ve got more going on than just an air leak at the separator. You’re probably going to have to pull the carbs again and double check everything. Is it the mag side or the pro side that’s not firing?

The fuel/water separator is where the feed line to the carbs runs from. It’s usually in the front of the ski, but I’ve never dig into the newer XP hull, so I can’t confirm that. If you have one plug clean, you’ve got more going on than just an air leak at the separator. You’re probably going to have to pull the carbs again and double check everything. Is it the mag side or the pro side that’s not firing?

I just found that my exhaust clamp was loose could that be the problem?

If it's the big stainless band clamp you should take it apart and clean the surfaces and copper ring and reseal with Ultra Copper RTV.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back