Sea Doo Switch Sport - Garmin GT15M-IH transducer not finding bottom

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated

rcsmitty

Anyone familiar with this unit and the fluid that must be in the base? I can't find the answer to my problem anywhere. Garmin says to use RV antifreeze or mineral oil. My question is about the clear plastic tube going to base. Is that to fill it? I'll take a picture tomorrow.

Did you ever figure this out? I'm planning on buying the same Garmin transducer and installing it over the winter.

Did you ever figure this out? I'm planning on buying the same Garmin transducer and installing it over the winter.
Yes. Just follow the installation instructions. Mine was already installed, but in the installation instructions it tells you to fill the cup that you will epoxy to the hull with fluid. I'm using RV antifreeze because it's not toxic. The tube is just to allow for expansion of the fluid to escape.

Hey one more question for you. Will that transducer read water temp? I know some do and some don't. I couldn't find anything online about the GT15M-IH specifically.

Hey one more question for you. Will that transducer read water temp? I know some do and some don't. I couldn't find anything online about the GT15M-IH specifically.
No it will not. You would have to get one that is installed on the outside of the hull.

Back