sea-doo speedster 1997 twin engine mpem 5 amp fuse blowing

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

michael1023

I have a sea-doo speedster 1997 with twin rotax engines the boat was going well when it suddenly stopped all gauges froze in the position they wore in . We had nothing i checked in the engine compartment to see if the was something obvious when checking the the cables and ht leads i noticed the battery had come loos and was no longer connected so i removed the key and reconnected the battery put the key back and tried to start nothing and gauges still in the same position. Got towed back in and went home and had a better look found 5 amp fuse had blown so replaced but popped as soon as it was put in , i then disconnected the wires going to each engine and tried anew fuse this popped . i then removed the large round multi wire connection from the side of the grey box and tried a fuse it popped straight away this has lead me to believe the problem is the mpem i have read there is a diode that could cause this but i do not know where on the board it is to remove the potting to test . dose any one know how to test the board when it is out of the boat and where this diode is situated on the board .

Could you post a pic of the fuse box and indicate which one exactly? Not saying I know what's wrong but it might help to identify which one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back