Sea Doo Ski Pylon Not Supported on GTX-S?

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

Smanenti

Hello everyone -

I have a 2014 GTX-S (suspension model). Was wanting to add the OEM ski pylon to it. Ordered one from Amazon since the product description (and subsequently, the in-box instruction sheet) says that it'll work on all 2010+ GTXs (and other models) EXCEPT those with "iS" (Intelligent Suspension).

Since mine is the regular "S" and not "iS", I assumed it would work. However, after getting the product shipped and staring at how it would mount for over an hour, I called Sea Doo tech support for help. They had no clue if it would work or not and told me to call my local dealer. After calling 3 of them, all eventually agreed that it would NOT work because of the pivot point in the rear deck area.

Therefore, I shipped it back and thanks to Amazon's awesome return policy, no harm, no foul. Thank God I didn't drill my first hole! With this all in mind, does anyone know if there's ANY option I have to add an extended pylon/pole? Looking for something that sits a little higher up than my standard tow hook and preferably something with handles that my spotters can hold on to (as the OEM part has).

Here's a link to the OEM part that doesn't work for reference.
http://www.amazon.com/Sea-Doo-295100457-Retractable-Ski-Pylon/dp/B000SSOV7C

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back