Sea-Doo GTX 155 ?

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

Npd15

Hello, I'm new her but not to owning a seadoo pwc. I used to own a 2012 GTI 130 but had to see due to a divorce. My question is, I'm looking at 2010 GTX 155 with 80hrs on it. Looks to be in great shape...trying to figure out if this is a good boat? Is it too old being a 2010? My goal is that it lasts a long awhile...any help would be great and thanks in advance!!

It's a great ski if it's been looked after and maintained properly - no bad exhaust valves, no expensive supercharger rebuilds, etc. What's the asking price (look it up in NADA and KBB also)?

They are asking $5500 and it's through the dealer. They "claim" it's been inspected and runs good. It's in Michigan so I can't exactly test run it in -10 degrees lol They said it was a local trade in for a brand new one

Dealer retail is about $4700. I'd print out the KBB and NADA retail prices and offer them $4700 if it's in great condition when you see it. Pay them for the boat but don't take delivery until you can water test it, with a written provision for a refund if there are any problems.

It does have a newer trailer with it in price also...but my biggest concern is not knowing anything about this pwc. Any big issues? Pros and cons?

Few, if any issues with this ski if it hasn't been neglected/abused.

Pros: reliable, solid ski.
Cons: middle of the road performance.

Trailers are worth about $250-$300 extra.

Here in Australia with a similar ski and with 20 hrs more. Mine is broken at the moment following a drive shaft spline failure and in the process of repairing. Other wiser people on here may be able to provide more detailed guidance, however, there is an upgrade of the driveline available changing the carbon ring seal assembly from a screw type to the more reliable 'C' clip retained type. It is more about the driveshaft than the seal. The model has a history of failures and hence the modification (return back to 'c' clip shaft design). I believe Seadoo have also removed the old shaftso that any shaft replacement would be done with the modification. Worth asking if it has been done and if not having it done as part of a next service, because it fails without warning and can leave you (left me) stranded. Other than that it has gone fast enough, towed a tube and taken me fishing.

Here in Australia with a similar ski and with 20 hrs more. Mine is broken at the moment following a drive shaft spline failure and in the process of repairing. Other wiser people on here may be able to provide more detailed guidance, however, there is an upgrade of the driveline available changing the carbon ring seal assembly from a screw type to the more reliable 'C' clip retained type. It is more about the driveshaft than the seal. The model has a history of failures and hence the modification (return back to 'c' clip shaft design). I believe Seadoo have also removed the old shaftso that any shaft replacement would be done with the modification. Worth asking if it has been done and if not having it done as part of a next service, because it fails without warning and can leave you (left me) stranded. Other than that it has gone fast enough, towed a tube and taken me fishing.

Yes, "upgrade" is easy. After alignment and upgrade the driveshaft spline issue is history.

Hello, I'm new her but not to owning a seadoo pwc. I used to own a 2012 GTI 130 but had to see due to a divorce. My question is, I'm looking at 2010 GTX 155 with 80hrs on it. Looks to be in great shape...trying to figure out if this is a good boat? Is it too old being a 2010? My goal is that it lasts a long awhile...any help would be great and thanks in advance!!
I have an 04 with 135 hours on it. No turbo = no grenade = less power. I didn’t want the hassles of a turbo, so the 155 is perfect for me. Great machine if it has been taken care of. Check out the wear ring and impeller with a mirror. If they’re gouged up you may be in for a pump housing as well. $700 of parts later I figured out why the old boy was selling the machine I bought. That’s all that was wrong with mine though. After initially replacing those ( I do my own work) the only complaint I have is to reset the maintenance reminder you need a candoo Pro, or go to the dealer’s shop. Best wishes on your search.

I have had my 2011 GTX 155 since new. The 2010 is essentially the same ski. Overall a great mid performance ski with none of the typical issues with turbo. I have 143 trouble free hours . Last year I removed the jet pump and the IBR to replace the wear ring and the IBR bushings (not actual needed).
The 155 should get 55-56 mph assuming no major wear of the ring or impellor.

I added the X gage to monitor engine coolant temp (190 is normal) and the depth gage.

I change oil and plugs every year and change coolant every 3 years.

How do the GTX's compare to the GTI's?

I posted about a month ago considering a GTI and I see a few GTX's around here for less money, less hours... I thought the GTX was an upgrade compared to a GTI so i thought that was interesting. I want something fun and toss-able but still able to be stable enough to carry 3 people so I assumed the GTI would be better for that than a more aggressive hull that comes on the GTX.

From my research, the GTX was the better cruiser with the s3 hull. In my view, it is more stable and is much more difficult to slide out / skid than the GTI hull. GTX comes with adjustable height steering bar and cruise control, where GTI of the same period didn't. Two extras, that I have enjoyed when cruising. ...and yes; I was of the same view as yourself that a GTX would be a little more expensive. FYI.

Is the GTX equipped with IBR? I believe it is. I had a 2011 GTX 155. It was a nice ski with the S3 Hull. No problems and was decent on fuel.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back