Sea Doo Challenger 2000 240 EFI max speed??

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

Aromo53

I just good a Sea Doo Challenger 2000 240EFI and seem to max out at 30mph... I have heard that it should go much faster, is that correct? How fast should it go? If so ,what might be the problem? Any suggestions or comment would be great.
Thanks

Well you need to provide a bunch more information! Let's start with:
- what rpm's were you running?
- did you double check your speed with a gps speedo?
- how long has this been an issue... Has it ever run faster?
- check spark plugs... Are they fouled?
- have you changed your water/fuel separator?
- how old is the gas?
- is your intake grate clogged up with debris?

I'm sure there are more things to check, but that is a start.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yep... what he said. (especially about checking with a GPS)

Also... you are asking for help with a possible speed issue, but you haven't told us any symptoms of how it's running. (kind of important)

BUT... just for an FYI... that boat, in proper running condition... with a half tank of fuel, one person, and the top folded back... it should be right around 50 mph. (speed will be lower with more weight and drag)

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks guys, I am new at this that is why I was asking. It seems to run fine, and sounds good. But I will look into all the suggestions. Just wanted to know how fast it should be going. I just got it so I am trying to Learn about it.

I have gotten to 52gps speed using my 240efi so there is a possibility you should be able to go faster

Go out with a GPS and make sure that's the actual speed.

Exactly what he said. Mine with tower, one person and minimal gear has hit 53mph on GPS with a photo to prove it. It shouldn't take long to get there either. If it's not cavitating, it will get there very quickly.

I have not checked it since putting on the ride plate, but was doing 45 with 4 adults in decent waves now with the ride plate. It cuts the waves so much better! I could never do that before as you could not keep the bow down.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back