Sea Doo Buzzer Location on X20

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

GatorFL

Premium Member
Premium Member
I cannot find the SeaDoo buzzer behind the helm. The Mercury one attached to the wiring harness is obvious, but there isn't one pointing down through the fiberglass as in other posts for other Merc boats. Is it possible there was only one in 2004? I am not getting any beeps on startup and want to get it replaced before something goes wrong and I don't know about it until it is too late!

I have the 2000 so it may not be the same but the buzzer that chirps when you turn the key one click is the small one one the bundle of wires. The other one you reference is only for fuel level and maybe oil (not sure) anyway I had the same issue and stuck pins through the wires into the buzzer and it was dead. I replaced it with a Floyd bell buzzer

image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgI replaced the one on the harness and it now beeps when the ignition switch is turned. (Mercury buzzer I believe) Over temp is what I am mainly worried about as the boat has shut down a few times lately, unexpectedly.

Dr. Honda's description attached shows that the 6 functions are spread between two different buzzers. Are all of these functions combined to one buzzer on this boat somehow? If you have the two buzzers, do they both activate upon ignition to ensure they are both operational?

Last edited by a moderator:
So I don't have the shop manual for your boat but I do have the 2002 version. It looks like it's the same situation you have. Anyway, there is no reference to a buzzer on the seadoo side. I suspect they don't have a low fuel audible alert anymore. It definitely doesn't list the "low fuel circuit" mine does

Ps only the mercury buzzer sounds when you turn on the key. I have never heard my seadoo buzzer in the wild. I did check it to ensure it works though

Last edited by a moderator:
At least it beeps on startup now!

There are other posts here that define the warnings as:
SeaDoo: Over temp, Low battery, Low fuel
Mercury: Low oil, Water in fuel, Any ECU warning

How do I determine if I am being warned of an over temp situation? Low battery and low fuel are not as big a deal, but being hot and not knowing it is. Maybe all of these functions are covered with the Merc buzzer on mine?

I am not sure how it the temperature alarm works on mercury. I assume it's one o. The temperature sensors but I don't know how to test it

We went out this weekend and had issues with Lilly pads and the intake grate. The good news is the constant temperature beep came on after trying to free the blockage with the boat running. So on this model the one buzzer appears to cover the Sea Doo functions as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back