Sea doc won't go above 35 MPH after oil change

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

murraysean960

I have 2 2014 Sea Doo GTI 155 Limited. They recently had an oil change and they put too much oil into each ski. This caused the SKIS to produce white smoke and would not allow for full acceleration. I have since reduced the amount of oil to the required amount and one ski is working as if new and the other still will not accelerate. The Second Ski runs to 35 mph and no higher. It i running at around 5000-5400 RPMs when at that speed and is not producing any smoke. Both skis ran perfectly fine before the oil change. THANK YOU!

I am getting error code P0524

UPDATE: The error code has cleared. The Ski now goes up to 35 mph (again) and 5400rpm when in the water. When the ski is on the lift and plugged into a hose, I can get all the way up to 7500rpm. Why won't it accelerate faster than 35mph and it seems to be cavitating lightly?

Last edited:
You sure you're at right level? Too much oil and the crank burys in it and whips it up.. Idle 30 seconds on hose (no revving!) then off 30 seconds or more, then check dip and go for middle of dented area at most.

You sure you're at right level? Too much oil and the crank burys in it and whips it up.. Idle 30 seconds on hose (no revving!) then off 30 seconds or more, then check dip and go for middle of dented area at most.

I checked and the oil level is just below the middle of the dip stick now. It is still only reaching 35 mph and when you turn the steering column, it slows down a little.?

Slowing a bit when steering normal, don't sweat that one. Jet flow is directly out back at all times, steering doesn't change that, it deflects it with a second nozzle and some energy and flow speed will be lost when you do. VTS is the same, while trimming up will speed up a boat by getting more hull out of the water, using a wedge to direct the main nozzle up will gain more.

You need to go back to basics then. Obviously make sure you're not using the learning key. Then as mentioned above do the plugs. Usually a bigger concern on S/C'd motors but you also fouled yours from the sounds of it.

Next let us know in your opinion if it's reaching 35 nicely and is happy to be there or if not only is it being limited to 35 but it also labours to get there and is missing and kicking at that speed etc

Slowing a bit when steering normal, don't sweat that one. Jet flow is directly out back at all times, steering doesn't change that, it deflects it with a second nozzle and some energy and flow speed will be lost when you do. VTS is the same, while trimming up will speed up a boat by getting more hull out of the water, using a wedge to direct the main nozzle up will gain more.

You need to go back to basics then. Obviously make sure you're not using the learning key. Then as mentioned above do the plugs. Usually a bigger concern on S/C'd motors but you also fouled yours from the sounds of it.

Next let us know in your opinion if it's reaching 35 nicely and is happy to be there or if not only is it being limited to 35 but it also labours to get there and is missing and kicking at that speed etc

It struggles to reach 35 and is not happy to be there. Definitely not the learners key.

OK so for sure do plugs, you may be surprised, they'll be 50% of the S/C'd machines that act like that. Next run compression, make sure a valve didn't get gummed up from the oil burning etc.

Not likely fuel or injector related. Also not likely wear ring or something stuck in impeller (these cause over rev, not your issue)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back