RXPX Running Rough

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

jknightg

I took my 2014 ski out yesterday and it was dragging / stammering, I brought her back in slowly.
I thought it is something into the propulsion system.
When I got it on dry land, upon inspection the main induction hose into the supercharger has oil residue in it,
The cylinder nearest the supercharger is also showing traces of oil on the plug
Is this likely to be supercharger failure or has the piston failed?
I'm going to put a scope down the bore this morning.
I am waiting for delivery of the torqx spanner to get the supercharger off.
Any advise appreciated
John
PS the ski has only done 30 hrs

Your boat is sending back SC blow by back into the intake tract. As designed. Many guys are running a seperate catch can to prevent coating of Internal ICooler and decreased perf. I have seen this oil and condensation build up cause a milky sludge and stumbling affect on some 300 boats. Addition of 35 dollar ebay Honda turbo car catch can helps alot. Its going to blow by a certain amount of oil every few tanks. Welcome to boosted life.

Your boat is sending back SC blow by back into the intake tract. As designed. Many guys are running a seperate catch can to prevent coating of Internal ICooler and decreased perf. I have seen this oil and condensation build up cause a milky sludge and stumbling affect on some 300 boats. Addition of 35 dollar ebay Honda turbo car catch can helps alot. Its going to blow by a certain amount of oil every few tanks. Welcome to boosted life.
Hey you got a link to that catch can

Tuts out that the intercooler had failed and was leaking water into the intake
New intercooler for me [emoji107]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back