RXP-X, RXT-X or RXT is?

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

jhutchi6

Looking to get a new Sea Doo and can't decide between RXP-X, RXT-X or the RXT-is. They are all about the same price the two x's are 08s but new and the IS is 09 but used as a demo with only 10 hours on it. I have had pretty much every type of Doo and the last ones I had where RXP 215 and GTX sc but sold them last year and went without anything last year. So it was up to you and you had your choose between the three what would you pick and why?

I would go for the RXP-X just because its a 2 seater, I would have no use for a three seater even though it would be nice to have a little extra room when riding with two people, but you are also dealing with a much bigger ski weight and length wise. I would say if you usually ride by your self on this ski RXP-X is the way to go, good luck with what ever you get, there all nice fast skis.:cheers:

Unless you require the 3 seater for towing, I would choose the RXPX. A mate of mine has the GTXis, the electrics & shocks would scare the hell out of me as potential maintenance dramas. The braking is really a bit of a gimick, who really needs to stop like that on the water.:cheers:

iS?....

Unless you require the 3 seater for towing, I would choose the RXPX. A mate of mine has the GTXis, the electrics & shocks would scare the hell out of me as potential maintenance dramas. The braking is really a bit of a gimick, who really needs to stop like that on the water.:cheers:

I myself could have used that breaking system today, navigating a small waterway here at home. I knew about some underwater pilings near my dock but approached to quickly. When I got off the gas, it was to late to attempt to power up and turn away from them in the channel. So, I had to keep off the power and glide over them. I don't think I hurt anything but I bet my GTX has a new scar on the bottom of my hull. I'll know tomorrow when I pull it from the water.

I rode that iS ski last year at the Seadooforum "ride-in". I think it came in from Douglas motorsports. Man, the thing is awesome and is so comfortable. But, as a realist, I'll def agree with you, the electronics would be a owners nightmare. I enjoyed riding it but would not buy it. I have a car loaded with all the bells and whistles and about got all of it isolated from issues of not shutting off, running the battery down, etc... ... In my world, I really believe in that "KISS" clause (keep it simple stupid). Hey, don't shoot me, I only repeating what I heard. I didn't invent the saying....:rofl:

I wasn't even thinking about the "is" till I saw it when I went to look at the RXP and after seeing it and talking with a few people from the dealership is what sparked my interest. It seems really cool and I live on a large lake that gets really rough, thinking about having the shock would be awesome but at the same time when I go out and ride I like the feel of being on a two seater and the feel of a fun exciting ride which I feel may not be there with the “is” but what I have heard the thing is fast and quick, seadoosnipe which one did you test and was it fast and quick like the "xs"?

anything 3seater is a must-have personally. Our laws in Ontario require to have a spotter if you're towing and a spot for the towee. Which automatically = 3seater, no other option. Otherwise we'd be limited to our activities on the water.
As for bells and whistles on the new iS line, I think those are great options and really nice-to-haves, but there is a fair learning curve. When you're out there having a blast, going fast, you want to have your focus on safety on the water. All those gadgets, brakes, levers, ejection seats and teleportation devices only cause for a distraction in my opinion..

The iS has variable modes to adjust the suspension, and you can even shut it off and it'll act like it isn't there (except the added weight factor). In rough water it's truely amazing and makes for (in my opinion) a much more enjoyable ride over distance rather than fighting the waves.

MooF, I have to respectfully disagree with you about the teleportation device being a distration. The hand controls are simple and intuitive enough for even a novice rider to quickly understand how to properly operate them....it's just like riding a bike.

The iS is FAST...very fast. And it just keeps cornering when you turn. I had on two riders and could not believe how quick it was even with them on it.

If you only want speed, then RXP-X is the way to go as it is the lightest in the group. Actually, if speed is all you care about then getting back into another RXP and investing in one of the Riva kits will probably serve you best.

Yes, the suspension is just another system that can break down the road. If it were me, I'd get the iS and as long of a warranty as your dealer can offer. Things do break, and any boat WILL cost you more than the MSRP + Fuel. Just anticipate these expenses and you'll be fine. Enjoy the ride, that's the idea!

Rxp..?

I wasn't even thinking about the "is" till I saw it when I went to look at the RXP and after seeing it and talking with a few people from the dealership is what sparked my interest. It seems really cool and I live on a large lake that gets really rough, thinking about having the shock would be awesome but at the same time when I go out and ride I like the feel of being on a two seater and the feel of a fun exciting ride which I feel may not be there with the “is” but what I have heard the thing is fast and quick, seadoosnipe which one did you test and was it fast and quick like the "xs"?

I think it was the RXP model. JoeZ has also responded, he might remember; we all rode it. This thing is really nimble, quick, responsive, heart pounding and just because it has a suspension system, don't think you can't get good air or feel the pounding of the surf because you can. The suspension system is more like a buffer that takes up some of the jolt, but you still feel it.

I was in total awe riding this thing. Though, I must admit, I would never buy it, unless I hit the lotto or was rich from the get-go. For the price, I could buy an airplane...:rofl:

I went into the dealer last week when i picked up the ski's from their 10 hour service, and was looking at the 2010 RXT-X. Man i want that ski... 260hp, has the ibrake, but they took off the iS system to save on weight. It is an electronic controlled throttle, so you have some of the advantages of the iS models as well.

Personally, the electronic throttle control is one of those things i would personally worry about, same with the reverse system. I could just see some sort of malfunction, your taking a high speed, tight turn, then a computer error thinks you just hit the left lever, and it kicks in reverse in full >.<

Other than those worries, the ski looks tight, and if i had a do-over, it would be hard not to buy one of those over my two 215 GTXs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back