Rxdi only beeping once

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated

Clinton133

I have a seadoo rxdi 2001 it has been sitting a good 6 months during that 6 months I lost the key . So I went to seadoo and got a new key program to it after a lot of hassle they got one to program ( well they say they did ) so I have charged the battery fully and have tried the key and all it is doing is beeping once got no 2 beeps what so ever . I put the key in and all the lights and clocks work but a little red light pops up it beeps once then goes off will not turn over or nothing. I got told it might be the sterm so I got a new one and changed that and it's still no different I have checked all the fuses to there all fine and cleaned all plugs and connectors and sprayed them up and still nothing now I dont know what to do . Any ideas of what to try now

One beep when attaching the lanyard is the MPEM telling you that it does not recognize the lanyard but it is waking up and reading like it should.
Take it back to the dealer because they did not program it correctly.

That's what I thought as he was doing it for about hour and half then at the end he suddenly said the key is program but he said its iver the sterm or the mpem not working which I hope it's not because is very expensive. I just dont know if he said that its program just to get some money out the job because he couldn't do it .

That's what I thought as he was doing it for about hour and half then at the end he suddenly said the key is program but he said its iver the sterm or the mpem not working which I hope it's not because is very expensive. I just dont know if he said that its program just to get some money out the job because he couldn't do it .

An hour and a half ????? to program a key...my dealer wiped out the entire key memory in the MPEM and programmed 3 new keys back in, in 5 minutes doing it in his parking lot. You need to find a better dealer or was this some "other" type of mechanic?

Back