Running without a oil tank?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Until I can locate a oil tank for my 1997 Sea-Doo Challenger, 787 single engine, here is what I would like to do.
Please comment.
Since no oil tank, I will have to go premix, so, can I leave the supply line connected to the oil pump and the two 3/32 lines to the intake and just pinch off the supply line? Instead of installing a block off kit, with the intent of re-connecting when I find a tank.

Now, since the motor burns oil [way too much] I've read on this site that removing the rotary valve oil and installing SAE 75W-90 synthetic oil could possibly help the burning problem, so #1 could I pour this oil down the oil tube supply line until the rotary cavity is full and maybe 6" up into the line for a visual, then attach the line to the top of the engine compartment and secure it. Then, run the return line up to where the tank was and re-connect it to the float fitting which came out of the tank and secure it.

Does oil actually come out of the return line or is it just a vent?
Thanks for any advice.

Cliff.

No and no.

You have to always supply oil to the rotary drive and it should be API-TC. You can loop the lines and install a Tee fitting for this. Now if your engine uses a lot of oil then you need to replace the crankshaft because the seals are too far gone.

As for the injection you need to at least remove the plastic pump drive or else the pump can seize without supplying oil to it.

No and no.

You have to always supply oil to the rotary drive and it should be API-TC. You can loop the lines and install a Tee fitting for this. Now if your engine uses a lot of oil then you need to replace the crankshaft because the seals are too far gone.

As for the injection you need to at least remove the plastic pump drive or else the pump can seize without supplying oil to it.

Thanks for replying, I appreciate it mikidymac.
Cliff.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back