Running on a hose???

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sean704NC

I was told today by a local PWC tech at a marina to never run a ski on a hose for more than a minute out of water on a garden hose.
He said that the hose method was only to be used for flushing the engine after riding.
I only ride in fresh water.
The picture I have attached is the only place to flush a ski or run it on a hose???
1996 SPX 717cc

How true is this information???
Thanks in advance guys.

Attachments

• E0C18831-1AFD-4759-87FD-ACF854ABC095.jpeg
    E0C18831-1AFD-4759-87FD-ACF854ABC095.jpeg
    169.9 KB · Views: 58
I was told today by a local PWC tech at a marina to never run a ski on a hose for more than a minute out of water on a garden hose.
He said that the hose method was only to be used for flushing the engine after riding.
The picture I have attached is the only place to flush a ski or run it on a hose???
1996 SPX 717cc

Thanks in advance guys.
Yes that's your hose attatchment you need an adapter that connects that to the hose, I get mine online. You shoudnt run it on the hose for more than a minute because the carbon seal heats up a lot without the ski being in the water.

1996 SPX 717cc

Thanks in advance guys.
You should flush your engine after each ride and what I like to do is start my engine for a few seconds at the ramp after I pull the ski out of the water so I can make sure I clear out any water from the engine to prevent corrosion.

You only need to flush after each ride if you run in salt water or if you beach your ski all day. In fresh water flushing a couple times a season will just ensure you don't have sand and junk in the water jackets.

You should run it out of the water to blow out the water after every ride as Cheflen said.

You only need to flush after each ride if you run in salt water or if you beach your ski all day. In fresh water flushing a couple times a season will just ensure you don't have sand and junk in the water jackets.

You should run it out of the water to blow out the water after every ride as Cheflen said.
I’ve always started my skis up after riding to get rid of the water in the system, never WOT usually a couple blips of the throttle to clear it out.
Thanks guys.

piggy backing off of this post. I just bought a 99 SPX and had it out last weekend. If the O ring is not on this fitting, and even with the red cap on, will this fitting leak water when riding? My Hull was filled with water from my ride out but not my girlfriends (after emptying) and she rode it much more gentle.

will it be a problem if i removed this fitting and small section of hose for the time being until I got the O ring for this piece? No salt water riding here.

piggy backing off of this post. I just bought a 99 SPX and had it out last weekend. If the O ring is not on this fitting, and even with the red cap on, will this fitting leak water when riding? My Hull was filled with water from my ride out but not my girlfriends (after emptying) and she rode it much more gentle.

will it be a problem if i removed this fitting and small section of hose for the time being until I got the O ring for this piece? No salt water riding here.
Please start your own thread.

I assume you are talking about the Tee flush fitting and no, it should not be leaking even without the o-ring. You need to run with the seat off and find your leak.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back