RPM drop at WOT

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

jsirois831

Hey Guys..new here and searching the forums as you read this.

I have a 01 XP
Fuel Primer Kit
Solas impeller
Worx intake grate
PROK Flame arrestors(ran with and without outerwears)
jetted(cant remember what)
gray lines removed
rebuilt and cleaned RAVE's(just this past weekend)
highs and lows set to standard

Took it out two weekends ago after all of the above was done(minus the RAVE cleaning), ran great for 45 minutes, then i started to lose RPMs maybe 2-300 at WOT, and maybe 5-6oo in long turns, It was hitting 6900 all around, then after in straights maybe 66-6700, and 61-6200 in turns.

Came home, cleaned the raves and rebuilt, put them back in, ran fine for 30 minutes, then started to get the RPM loss. Finally, nail in the coffin for me, it dropped down to about 4500 in WOT then surged back up, let it sit for a minute, tried it again, bogged down then stalled.

It looks like it is still running a little rich, so I am thinking about setting the highs out 1/4.

Ive read that the water regulator could be an issue ( am i to assume it is the RAVE in the back compartment?)

Lastly I am pretty handy, but I always hear people say to try to cut back the plug lines...i have never heard of this, where do I cut, and what does this do?

Thanks for any response!:cheers:

alright...if ur run'n rich, why would you turn the highs "out" to 1/4, unless they're set at 1/2...?

remove the boots off plug wires and clip the wires there, it gives a new/clean contact..

Best way to see if W.R. (rave on muffler) is work'n, but not necesarly a conclusion, is follow the little line from it, to the pipe, and remove it. While increasing throttle/speed, the water shoot'n outta it, should be less.

B4 all this, fire ski up on trailer, rev to 5500rpm, then at that rpm, voltmeter the battery..should be high 13/low 14's..if in 12's or 15's..ur rectifier is shot, which the instrument is located/built into the MPEM. There has been people/members that "successfully" used the MPEM with a "external" rectifier. Will have to dig it up, to give you diagram of it..:cheers:

i changed the highs to 1/2, had them at 0, so was gonna try the middle of the two....

gotcha on the plug thing

and i'll give the battery test a shot first

any chance overheating is a concern?just a thought with the WR

just a quick note, i tried to start it on the trailer, it ran, then stalled out, played with the idle, couldnt get it up again...switched to reserve, eventually started....checked the fuel filter, had little pieces of gray in it hmmmm, im not sure if that is the problem, but sure doesnt help....any other suggestions, please let me know

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back