Routing fuel lines

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.
On my 1997 GTI, i got it without an engine. I recently put an engine into it. All the lines were still there but I'm confused on the fuel lines. Does the line running from the water separator feed the carb and the other the is the return????

Yes. If it still has the gray tempo lines you need to replace them all and also replace or thoroughly clean the fuel selector valve.

I have ran new lines but I will clean the selector. I put a in line fuel filter, do you think that could restrict fuel flow or no???

The bad part about paper filters is that if they get any water in them they can restrict flow. If it's after the water strainer you are probably ok or get the K &N mesh screen type filter.

Fuel selector is On and you are sure all lines are connected correctly? The fuel baffle lists On/RES/RET/Vent near where all 4 lines connect.

Check pulse line from the crankcase also. Did you rebuild carbs with new mikuni kits and ensure fuel pump is working?

I reconnect the lines exactly how they were before. It looks like there needs to be hose clamp on the pulse line. I replaced and put new seals in the carbs. I will disconnect the line to the farthest carb,it has a dual carb set up, and check if it's feeding fuel. Thanks for the help

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back