Reverse Cable Replacement

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

jimraab

Can someone tell me if the jet pump would have to be removed in a 2005 Seadoo GTX in order to replace the reverse cable? A mechanic wrote me an email saying that the pump must be removed, however, in researching the topic via internet, removing the pump is not mentioned. I just want to make sure I am getting accurate information.

Have a great Weekend!

Can someone tell me if the jet pump would have to be removed in a 2005 Seadoo GTX in order to replace the reverse cable? A mechanic wrote me an email saying that the pump must be removed, however, in researching the topic via internet, removing the pump is not mentioned. I just want to make sure I am getting accurate information.

Have a great Weekend!

I would remove it to inspect wear ring and impeller.. Also to check the cone on the pump for clean grease.. Other then that I don't think you have to for a reverse cable

A mobile mechanic quoted me a fixed price of $135.00 with me supplying the reverse cable. I am thinking it may be worth the price. I was able to easily disconnect the cable from the reverse lever in the front, however, the other end looks like a PIA. ???

Thanks for your input Matty!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back