Replacing my 180 challenger decals and can't decide on these two..

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.
I've narrowed it down to these two but can't decide. I'm pretty sure I'd get rid of the "180 Challenger" print on the big side logos if I went with that one which I'm leaning towards.. What's your opinions?Screenshot_20200623-145844_eBay.jpgScreenshot_20200623-145626_eBay.jpgScreenshot_20200623-145612_eBay.jpg

those can't be cheap.

i guess i prefer the first one. seems less flashy.
Only about $250 on eBay. I'm hesitant on the first one because it looks dull to me and hard to tell it's a seadoo imo. But still stuck on the two. The second i think I like more and would look a lot better without "180 Challenger " on the big logos!?!

Last edited:
Don't care for the first one. Like you said, it just looks dull. I'd search out someone local, and see what unique designs they can come up with. I've got a local sign guy that has designed some awesome stuff for me. For $250, I'd think you can come up with something that looks better, and makes you happy

I've got the second option on my boat. I paid $150, but at the time it was only the large side and the large SeaDoo decal. I'm quite happy with them. They look much better than the beat up OEM decals. My profile picture was taken before I had installed the SeaDoo decal.

I agree the 180 Challenger in 2 places on the side is redundant and it would look better with just the upper one likely.

I've got the second option on my boat. I paid $150, but at the time it was only the large side and the large SeaDoo decal. I'm quite happy with them. They look much better than the beat up OEM decals. My profile picture was taken before I had installed the SeaDoo decal.

I agree the 180 Challenger in 2 places on the side is redundant and it would look better with just the upper one likely.
Did you order from this eBayer? CHALLENGER 180 sticker stripe SEADOO full kit graphic replacement 2005 2010 | eBay
He responded to one of my first messages saying he could make it without the 180 Challenger on the large side decals but would charge the same price. I said that's fine and have been trying to get ahold of him for a month or so but he is not responding to any messages now on Ebay. If you got it from some where else could you provide a link and also do you have more pics of your boat you could post? Your profile pic looks great!

Did you order from this eBayer? CHALLENGER 180 sticker stripe SEADOO full kit graphic replacement 2005 2010 | eBay
He responded to one of my first messages saying he could make it without the 180 Challenger on the large side decals but would charge the same price. I said that's fine and have been trying to get ahold of him for a month or so but he is not responding to any messages now on Ebay. If you got it from some where else could you provide a link and also do you have more pics of your boat you could post? Your profile pic looks great!

Yes, that's the same guy, but I bought mine a couple years ago. I'd like to see if I can get the one that goes above the bumper rail and the Challenger for the back.

I don't have any pics after I put the large Sea-Doo decal on. I'm away at work at the moment I'll take some this weekend if I get the boat out.

Here's another pic. Sorry it took me so long. The decal above the bumper rail is still the original. The large one isn't straight as it could be, but I'm still happy with it.

IMG_20200711_172135.jpg

Here's another pic. Sorry it took me so long. The decal above the bumper rail is still the original. The large one isn't straight as it could be, but I'm still happy with it.

View attachment 49924
That looks awesome! I think i will just go ahead and order the 7 piece decal kit from him since he still has not responded to me again yet.. I dunno if it's cause he speaks French or what... I'll write in the eBay notes on the sale not to put the 180 Challenger on the 2 large side decals. If he does include it i think i just wont put on the two smaller 180 Challenger (above bumper rail) decals on it.

I put the SeaDoo decal farther back and a little lower than where the orignal one was and where he has them on the eBay ad. Looks better like that in my opinion.

Not difficult at all. I used a plastic razor to get them started and then they peel right off. They don't leave any residue behind either.
Did you have any gel coat spots to repair? I want to redo my graphics too, but once I get them off, I want to touch up all the little scuffs and dings.
Looks great BTW.

Did you have any gel coat spots to repair? I want to redo my graphics too, but once I get them off, I want to touch up all the little scuffs and dings.
Looks great BTW.

No I didn't. The sides of my boat were in good shape aside from the decals. I do have a few gouges on the top half. I bought a gel coat repair kit, but haven't attempted that repair yet

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back