Replacement gas cap for 2007 speedster 150

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

jpistag

HI, I have a 2007 Speedster 150, and the gas cap mysteriously disappeared. I have been searching for a replacement, but do not want to pay $160 for replacing th entire filler assembly as seen on sea doo parts list.

The closest replacement I can find , just from appearance, looks like the sea dog cap.. part # 351390-1 Replacement Cap 351520-351523.
http://www.sea-dog.com/groups/1810-angled-hose-deck-fill

Does anyone know if this may fit, or know of any other replacement caps?

Thanks
Jon

yes, that is it, thank you,
however I am trying to avoid buying the entire assembly... and trying to locate a replacement cap only, since it would be significantly less $

Jon

no , i cant find any info on the attwood cap, even tried emailing the manufacturer.

the fuel hose is 2".

i am picking up the attwood cap today, so before you buy the entire filler assembly, wait for my update

I will totally wait.was trying to think of a cheap way to do it until I order a new cap.I'm in a remote area and it takes forever to get things. Thanks. I await your review good sir.

Unfortunately it is the exactly the same as the seadog cap... wrong thread . I am going to have to figure a way to re-thread, or have to buy the assembly. waste of money!

I'm thinking of buying a universal assembly.so if I ever lose the cap again, it's a simple order. Plus order new caps with a new assembly.

Unfortunately it is the exactly the same as the seadog cap... wrong thread . I am going to have to figure a way to re-thread, or have to buy the assembly. waste of money!

i think i might hate seadoo for this reason alone. even to get an after market assembly thats not $200.00, goo dluck finding a 2" one. holy crap. im furious right now. so frustrating. The internet is full of awesome, except when it comes to the seadoo fuel tank caps.

I gave up and bought the assembly. There is a metal working company in my area that I am going to take the assembly to and see if they can make some caps. Will touch base here if I am able to get them made.

Perko is the OE manufacturer. Do a Google search for: PERKO 0540DPG99A SPARE GAS CAP W/CHAIN
I saw some for around $30. Easier than trying to manufacture one.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back