Replacement Fuel Gauge for 2006 Challenger 180

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

frpole

At the end of last season I did some troubleshooting on my fuel gauge as it got stuck at half full. Using the workshop manual it pointed me to a faulty fuel gauge and suggested replacement, only problem is that none of the dealers up here in Canada can seem to locate this old analog gauge. I've looked at the wiring and it's a five pin-out with 1 for Power+, 1 for Ground-, 2 for Fuel Sender and 1 for Courtesy light. Most of the aftermarket replacements I've found have only one lead for the Fuel Sender. Has anyone found an aftermarket replacement that works or managed to re-configure the wiring for a 4-pin gauge? Thanks.

Finally installed the gauge and it works, although as it came from Florida the glass has sun glare damage (foggy) and I can barely see the markings, but the needle is visible.

Also was getting a long beep and no cranks, just click click click when hitting the start button, thankfully a new MagnaPower 12 V group 24 Marine starting battery from Partsource fixed my issue. Was able to get the old battery loadtested and it only put out 230CCA so the new one is 750CCA. I've been told that batteries only last 4-5 years tops.

Water tested last weekend and she ran good, but need to burn off the old gas and get some fresh fuel in there for top performance. For those of you that live in the Northern Hemisphere welcome to boating season.

Nice, glad to see it worked out.

I am in Canada here and had my Speedster out for a quick shakedown run last week.

Everything seemed good, so looking forward to a great boating season.

Your gauges are likely made by Faria-Beede and they have a gauge repair reconditioning program that you can send them in. Just did all of mine and they are like brand new.

Your gauges are likely made by Faria-Beede and they have a gauge repair reconditioning program that you can send them in. Just did all of mine and they are like brand new.
That is correct. I have both my tachometers with them for repair as we speak. You can check the prices on their website and submit an RMA and ship them out. It was $100 each tach and 18 to ship back. So $218 for 2 large tachs. My tachs were not repairable. They were all green and lenz were yellow and cracked. They said they will take my faceplate and drop it on a new gauge. $100. I opted to not go this route for the speedometer or fuel sender. I replaced with aftermarket. GPS speedo from amazon for $45 (because i hate the paddlewheel design) and a aftermarket fuel gauge was already installed. Not sure if the gauge reads correctly yet or the part number but from a quick search it looks like this one 33-240ohms.

http://www.moellermarine.com/moelle...s/dash-mounted-electric-fuel-gauge-035727-10/

Like i said i have not verified this is even correct because if i recall the sending units were 4-90 but i could be wrong. It reads full (gas tank actually is) and when i disconnect the sender wires it reads empty...could be wired wrong since the previous owner on my boat was a hack!!

Gauge Repair
https://fariabeede.com/forms/?form=new#rep_new

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back