Replacement battery

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

mnehrkorn

I finally need to replace the battery on my 2011 GTS 130.....I see a Caltric on eBay for $68 which seems much cheaper than the other alternatives - anyone have any experience with that brand?

never heard to that one.
if this is the one your referring to:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/AGM-BATTERY...ash=item3f5f449505:g:TmAAAOSwyjBW8FEa&vxp=mtr

1) not a fan of the non threaded post, it can be a bit of a PITA to get bolts on/off and easy to lose the little threaded box.

2) CCA's seem correct.

3) Always wary of an "off" brand since getting stuck on the water with a dead battery 15 miles from the ramp really really, (really) sucks. So i'm one that personally would rather spend the extra $70 for peace of mind. which leads me to #4

4) Needing a tow because you skimped out on the battery will cause my group of ride buddies to give me a hard time for being a cheap azz. They have a reputation for doing anything/everything they can to help if you break down due to normal wear and tear, but will lay the sauce on pretty thick if they think you broke down due to cheap-ness or negligence.

I'm a little cheap on the batteries when i'm not going to own the ski for long/flip-resale and then I'm more willing to experiment with an off brand or take advantage of the online coupons and stuff.

For my personal 4 stroke ski's I've just gone to batteries plus and got the duracell with the 2 year warranty. Fingers crossed but so far, zero failures.

https://www.batteriesplus.com/productdetails/cyl10020

Last edited by a moderator:
maybe to sum it up:

if riding a local lake always within site of shore, never riding alone, buy a cheap azz battery.

Doing a 60 mile round trip river run saw 6 boats the whole time (like I did saturday), buy the best battery you can find.

We're more the latter, so I started looking somewhere in the middle at a couple on battery mart.....thanks for the insight.

On the Batteries plus website, if you order online, use code CDP10047, and pick it up in store, you get 10% off.

That's one of the best batteries, IMO, you can buy for watercraft. I buy my boat batteries from them also.

Get an AGM sealed Battery. One of mine is three years old now. They take the vibration and jumping better. Vented batteries lose fluid because of the moving around, then died later.

Get an AGM sealed Battery. One of mine is three years old now. They take the vibration and jumping better. Vented batteries lose fluid because of the moving around, then died later.

+ 1 on the AGMs. After breaking several wet cells in my powerboat from wake hopping I switched. Never looked back. They are almost immune to shock damage, do not self-discharge and have at least a 30% longer lifespan with all else being equal. I just switched out two West Marine AGMs that were almost 7 years old.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back