Removing fuel injector from 2001 RXDI

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

Kayne

HI -

I'm having trouble figuring out how to remove the fuel injectors from the fuel rail. I was able to pop off the wiring harness clips, but the injectors themselves don't seem to have clips holding them in. I tried to pry them out with a flat head and they loosened a bit, but I was afraid I might mess something up. Any advice on how to remove them would be helpful - see pic.

Attachments

• 01 Fuel Injector.jpg
    01 Fuel Injector.jpg
    331.1 KB · Views: 34
Yes be careful. :) It looks like you disconnected the metal keeper that holds the injectors in place? Lift up the rail and you'll have better access. Under the rail you will find the air injectors sitting into the cylinder head. I am told they cause more trouble than the injectors and must be cleaned and tested as well. O-rings are all that is holding the pink injectors in place so they should come out with some gentle persuasion. Good Luck

Last edited:
Thanks, yes I did disconnect the metal keeper. Unfortunately I can't lift the rail up very much because the fuel lines are holding it pretty tight, but I have enough room to get a flat head underneath the "lip" of the injector to pry it open. I'll work on getting them out again tomorrow.

That rail should come up pretty easy if you pry evenly on it. Might be the orings on the air injectors. Do you have the electricals to the air injectors disconnected? No big deal to pull the lines off. Just be careful... very careful of that DANG Rave Solenoid. That thing is soooooooo fragile, even pulling on the lines can break off a connection. Good Luck.

Thanks. I was able to pull the fuel rail out without any trouble and I do have the wiring clips off of the injectors. I assume the wiring that connects to the top of the fuel injectors also work the air injectors? I don't see additional wiring specifically for them?

There are plugs on the air injectors. They are at the bottom of the fuel rail and fit into the head.

Air Injector.jpg

Thanks. I actually didn't see the air injectors until this morning when I was trying to remove the fuel injectors. I pulled them out, was pretty easy. Is there a way to clean them, or a need to? Since I have them out I thought I would ask, otherwise I will just put them back in. Still having issues pulling the fuel injectors...they are really in there and it feels like I am breaking them.

Okay, just got one out. From what I can see, it doesn't seem like there is a way to clean them? On some of the other threads they are saying there is not a way to clean them. I saw a youtube video of a guy cleaning them, but now I realize they his ski had different injectors.seadoofuelinjector.jpg

I send the injectors off (all 4) and have them cleaned, wear parts replaced and tested. While they are out may as well do it... I don't think many owners ever do that sort of thing... except the mechanical guys. :)

There are you tubes on how to clean the fuel injectors for cars (using a 9 volt battery and carb/brake cleaner),,,I did it once, and it works,,,the air injectors are another story.

There are you tubes on how to clean the fuel injectors for cars (using a 9 volt battery and carb/brake cleaner),,,I did it once, and it works,,,the air injectors are another story.

Its not recommended to send Carb cleaner through your injectors//The air ones youll destroy

Thanks, everyone. I saw a video on youtube of a guy using a 9 Volt to open them up, but mine don't seem to be different. Anyway, I'm done for the season, so I'll see about sending them out to be professionally cleaned.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back