Removing 2020 GTI Battery

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.
Notch a flat blade screw driver. You can press the strap, clip down with force and not destroy your fingers.
We 3d print a little holder to help pull and place the batteries in. Helps, especially with the larger 30 battery in some ski's. Anyone needs one message.tempImagephVAJw.pngtempImageTE8drC.png

Found a solution without ripping hands apart too much. Struggled for hours to get the battery strap latched and beat hands up bad, and still unsuccessful. Was getting ready to bring to dealer to have him reinstall.

Solution?? After placing battery but before attaching cables put the strap to port side of battery and hook it to the tray, and then lift it while it’s attached over the battery. Then connect your battery cable. Took 5 minutes to do two machines.
Just did this earlier today. Such a simple solution - thanks for saving my sanity!

While I was reinstalling them, I decided to install a pig tail that connects to my smart charger. In the future I’ll likely just remove the negative cable to the ski and then charge the batteries in the hull. I always leave the seats ajar so I don’t think I’m too worried if a safety issue with a smart charger.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back