Registration decals

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated

nhmort

I’ve tried two different types of registration decals so far and both seem to peel themselves off.

I’ve had Hardline decals, (the boat decal company) on there too.

The textured plastic hull clearly is the issue.

Are the SeaDoo ones better?

Any recommendations?

Nate

My registration number decals (original) from the dealer are still firmly attached to my 2017 Spark 2UP top deck....are you trying to put the decals on the HULL???? Nothing wants to stick to the hull.

Last edited:
I made an error of my word choice.

My stickers are on the top deck of the ski not the bottom half the hull.

Looks like I need to get the SeaDoo brand stickers.

Thanks, Nate

I made an error of my word choice.

My stickers are on the top deck of the ski not the bottom half the hull.

Looks like I need to get the SeaDoo brand stickers.

Thanks, Nate
OK, that's what I figured. My original numbers are still attached to the top deck nose area, although dock rash has "removed" bits and pieces here and there....I need to get new ones soon too.

It’s definitely easy for these skis not to get a little beat up on the decals from a dock.

Thanks for your input.

Nate

The Polytec hulls on the Sparks are what's called a "low surface energy" substrate - you'll need a specific low energy vinyl in order for them to bond properly. Conventional signmaking vinyls won't cut the mustard. You'll need something like Oracal's 1050HT, Metamark's M7-H or Convex's Pitbull - most manufacturers make their own versions though.

No problem with my Seadoo stickers staying affixed.

Attachments

• SparkShark.jpg
    SparkShark.jpg
    441.6 KB · Views: 13
Back