Reed Question

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

drstiddy

kinda new to the jet ski thing. but i have a quick question. i have a 99 gtx limited w/ the 951 in it. just put a new motor in it from throwing a rod through the last one and it ruined a reed cage. needless to say the new reeds in it are two reeds for each side of the cage vs there being 4 reeds on the original ones. my gtx with the new motor now does not want to come out of the hole very well. it sputters a lot. can this difference in reeds cause this? plugs are new and have even changed them...no help. aprox 5 hours on wear ring. it ran great before the new motor, now it doesnt. but about 30+ it runs great...just not out of the hole.

my thought would be...more air travel/fuel travel with 4-pedals opening vs. 2.

You mess w/ low/high speed adjusters at all?

sorry i havent posted up. but yes it was adjusted. its just a slug out of the hole, but at mid range its ok. i ordered another reed cage that is the 4 pedal vs 2 pedal. so well see if this is the cause in a couple days. also had the carbs tore apart, theyre ok except the diaphragms are a little weak. so im having them rebuilt as well. so between the two it should be back and going. is the 2 pedal for maybe the DI vs the 4 pedal carb? i dunno. but hope im going good. and thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back