Rectifier/charging

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

Brprxt215

The XP still lives!!!! Now I put a brand new agm fully charged in today. Resting voltage is at 12.5 volts. With it started voltage began to climb up to as high as 13.4 while revving around 5-5500 rpm roughly. Should it jump right up to 14.5-14.8 or does it just gradually climb?

No, if it gets that high you have issues. 13.5/13.8 is the highest I've seen mine charge and I have no issues.

Thank you Dan. I ran it on the trailer for a couple of minutes backed in the water today. It started climbing with higher Rpms but did not get to 14 volts. I just wonder if there is any way to monitor it if I was out on open water running full throttle for say two minutes. I wonder if it would raise above 14 volts?

K.I.S.S theory. Keep It Simple Stupid. As long as it's charging it's time to ride. I'm fine as long as I see it charging on the trailer. From there it's just a little daily monitoring on how it starts. Then, I just forget about it and enjoy the ride. If the red battery light comes on then I'll look into the problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back