Rebuilding Supercharger

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

RangerOne

OK is anyone rebuilding there own super chargers or is it better just to send them off for rebuilding. I’m looking at this like packing your own parachute:) I want to know that everything is done right.

Haha I know what you mean. For the sake of ensuring everything works, especially on a system that takes a lot of abuse as the SCs at high revs, I would rather spend the money to let someone who has experience and knows what they're doing rebuilding them then me learning and accidentally blowing my engine.

I looked in to buying the kit and rebuilding mine at home. And then, when I compared the price of sending them off and having PWC Muscle do the job or doing it myself, there wasn't really that much difference. Plus, I got the knowledge that PWC has done hundreds of them with very satisfied customers.... instead of me, having NEVER done the job before and not having any of the special tools to do the job.......well, you get the picture........

I've rebuilt my own and have over 100 hours on it. I know, I know, I need to rebuild it, but $300 is so much to cough up for a kit. I sometimes see whole used ones with a fresh rebuild for $400. I hardly use that boat anymore though, but the rebuild process wasn't very hard at all. You do have to have some special tools. I bought cheap ones from ebay and they worked okay. Only thing I didn't have was a proper torque wrench, but was able to get it close enough with my click-style.

It's not hard to do if you're mechanically inclined. As stated above you will need some special tools. For me it isn't about saving money, it's about saving time. I did mine mid season and didn't want to wait for the turn around time to send it away.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back