Re-sealing ride shoes vs. new wear ring/seal/pump rebuild?

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.
The only thing that you should be ordering aftermarket is the HD carbon seal. Everything else should be OEM.

Looks like im going to be doing this myself pretty soon. Thanks for the info here. This is how mine looks. It was this way when i bought it...

Attachments

• 9367D21B-03E9-4489-BA4D-48DBF61D2392.jpeg
    9367D21B-03E9-4489-BA4D-48DBF61D2392.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 29
  • B0391959-0C32-44C9-BD8A-035E0AAFA545.jpeg
    B0391959-0C32-44C9-BD8A-035E0AAFA545.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 29
A piece of advice that I found that worked really well for me was to take a tow hitch and put it against the flywheel with the ball end of the hitch sticking up, then take a pair of blue handle old school channel locks and put the ends of the handle over the stainless collar in your photos, then take a medium sized zip tie and put it around the end of the channel locks after you slide the ends of the handle over the collar. It’s even easier if you take a pry bar and put that against thr tow hitch then use the tips of the channel lock handles sticking out an or so from zip tie to pry against the collar in order to slide it bank and get the O ring out. The Channel locks work great because they can push on 2 sides of the collar at once which is the “trick” to thr carbon seals. I did both sides off and on by myself using this method.

DZ

Is this okay? In the videos I’ve seen the collar slides over the o ring or metal half ring..mine seems to be fully seated but the collar isn’t easily sliding over?View attachment 36967View attachment 36968
So I replaced the carbon seal, bellows, and stainless piece last year using the C-clip instead of the old O-ring and this is how mine turned out. I have been running it that way for about a year now and still have cavitation from that jet. Could this be the reason why? I don't see how since the C-clip is just holding it in place and not doing anything to seal. In fact, I thought it would help because its putting more forward pressure on the carbon seal/bellows. Anybody know why I would still have cavitation out of this jet? I've sealed the ride shoe with RTV and just can't figure it out..

The stainless hat actually has 2 o-rings in it that seal it to the driveshaft. The C-clip just stops t from sliding forward and loosing pressure on the carbon sel.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back