RAVE valve RFI vs Carbs

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

OldSkis

Is there a difference in RAVE valves between the RFI engines and the carbs? I had another valve eat shit this weekend and it blew the red cap and spring out the top taking the threads with it, along with the usual carnage to the bellows and piston. I have a buddy at work that has a set that he says is off a RFI 787.

not the blade but i think the tolerances are off and the oring isn't sealing properly allowing exhaust gas past because the bellows are melted and the cap is damaged.

That’s usually caused by a bad internal shaft o-ring. If replacing the o-ring doesn’t fix it then you have to replace the valve and housings $$$$.

that is why i'm asking about the difference in 787 RFI and 787 Carbuerated RAVE valves. I have access to ones that came off of an RFI motor. They are being brought to me at work this coming week so i'm going to see if i can find any differences in them since the free price tag is hard to argue with.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back