Rave Cleaning

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

ThreeD

I'm about to take apart my rave valves and was wondering if anyone had any insight as to what clemical to use to clean the valves. Also, What is the best way to clean inside the rave valve opening? Can i use carb cleaner and if I do, how do i keep it from getting inside the engine? Any thoughts on this are welcomed. Thanks Guys!

i used a popsicle stick to scrape out all the gew... then soaked a shop towell in carb cleaner and wiped it out... with the valves, carb cleaner for the gew then a wire wheel off the build up, gave mine a fine coat of xp-s oil and put em back in all good to go

@daverade - Thanks!

Also, I was wondering if there is an alternative to using molykote for the rave parts?...Seems expensive and not-local. I really just want to pick something up that is comparable at my local auto/DIY store.

molykote? i dunno like i said i just give mine a thin wipe of xp-s 2 stroke oil, runs perfect and has good throttle response

Yeah, never heard of it either, but the exploded diagrams indicate that molykote 111 is supposed to go at the valve stem. Just curious if xp-s oil is good enough. I'm a noob at this sea doo repair stuff, so i just wanna make sure that if i do use anything else, that it doesn't destroy the engine.

i was reading my manual it says nothing about molycote...what is it and what does it do, as far as i know i have heard people using pam cooking spray before the reinstall, for the anti-stick properties.... i personaly just give them a super thin cote of xp-s 2 stroke before i put em back in... so there lubed on the start up!!!!

Yeah the manual doesn't say anything about it, but if you go on to most part websites and look at the exhaust manifold and check the exploded view of the Rave valve, I believe it says to apply it (number 39 maybe?). Anyway, if you just put xp-s oil on there and you haven't had any problems, I'll give it a try! Thanks daverade!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back