R&d 951 head ??

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

glsmohio

On the r and d 951 head does anyone know where to get domes? Or will the ada domes fit it???

Thanks
Scott

Last edited by a moderator:
I did some research on this as I have a 46CC domes for the head I have. I contacted ADA and asked if they would fit. They sent me the measurements and comparing I didn't think it was worthwhile to give them a shot. I believe the best way to get to 50CC is to do some machine work on the domes. One poster mentioned that the CC of the heads is mentioned in the Manual, which I found and it seems the CC's in the manual add to the confusion.

I have a R&D head I am not planning on using and I have the ability to machine the dome. What I am not sure of is an accurate way to measure the CCs. These pics might help.RD Head Insert measurement.JPEG951 RD Head (5).JPG951 RD Head (4).JPG951 RD Head (3).JPG

Last edited:
Thanks for the info. I think it might just be as easy to get a ada head. To check the cc if you go back to my build thread on my spx it shows you how to measure the cc of a head. We all talked about the difference in an sbt head vs a stock seadoo head and also i checked my head i had cut from group K.

Thanks for the info. I think it might just be as easy to get a ada head. To check the cc if you go back to my build thread on my spx it shows you how to measure the cc of a head. We all talked about the difference in an sbt head vs a stock seadoo head and also i checked my head i had cut from group K.

Hold off on that ADA head. Miller heads are coming back into production.. FYI

Ron Wosel has been commissioned to produce many parts. As of yesterday talking to Ron, I know they've got the shells, reed spacers, and case coolers all set for production, and was drawing up the 947, 1000, and 1050 bore domes. I am unsure at the moment who will ultimately be taking them to market, but will be after the new year from what I understand

https://www.ronsperformanceshop.com/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back