Quick Question for those that know all...

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

rlfett

2005 Sportster 215 super charged (rebuilt last year) Always run perfectly etc.

Last weekend bought a new 3 person tube which I put 3 peeps on and 2 in the boat ran it around the lake for a while all great until I stopped. When I switched out peeps and went to go again I noticed a bit of smoke from the back and lacked the power to pull the tube up to plane. So figuring I had to much weight I removed a a rider from the tube to the boat and was able to continue.

1. Should I be concerned about the smoke moving forward? I don't see lots of smoke now but maybe could be a bit more then i used to have but then again hard to tell.

2. Why would I be able to pull them first and then later spin my wheels with smoke? (checked Impeller and was free of debris)

3. I have noticed at WOT i run near 8000 rpms is this normal? I also seem slower out of the hole then before and slightly reduced top speed.

I know from reading the board I should check my wear ring but also wanted to know if I might have other issues or concerns that would need be checked.

Thanks in advance for your help!

Since no one had any advice.... I decided best I bring the boat in for service. They found that my pump/impeller/wear ring, was causing much cavitation and need be replaced. So my question is do I go with the OEM Part or do you recommend a high performance impeller?

I have little time to decide so I hope for a quick reply.

Thanks

OEM is the only way to go really. Most other suppliers are inferior....that was for the wear ring...then i read your question again. An aftermarket impeller will help you out of the hole but you may lose a little top end. Most people who go with aftermarket love them. Price is the reason I refurbished both mine for $80 vs $600 for new ones.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back