Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

L.m.s.81

I don't know it's this is the right place to place this but ANY help is greatly appreciated.
Back story. I have a 2012 wake 155 and a GTR 215. In April I draining the fuel out to comply with my moving companies requirements for cross country shipping. They were in storage for 6 months. Fueled them up and splashed them last weekend. Can't get them running. They start but after almost 2 seconds they die. Both are doing this. I checked the spark plugs, which to me and my minimalist knowledge are recovering fuel, sparking fine, and I added a can of sea foam to both..... Still can't keep them running. I waals told by a guy at the dock to try figuring out how to pull the codes cause it might be electrical. I can't figure out how to do that.

If you aren’t getting any maintenance lights there probably aren’t any codes.

It’s very suspect both are doing it.

Are you sure batteries are good? Without a strong one you won’t get spark.

If you aren’t getting any maintenance lights there probably aren’t any codes.

It’s very suspect both are doing it.

Are you sure batteries are good? Without a strong one you won’t get spark.
The batteries are less than a year old and the plugs have a good spark....

After you run them out of gas, or empty fuel tanks completely in your case, they can be a little difficult to restart due to air in the system and/or old gas. It is not throwing codes. If it were, you would see a message on the display.

What I do is remove the fuel connector right at the fuel rail. Takes 10 seconds, no tools needed, just squeeze in the flex area on both sides and wiggle off. Careful, it may have a little bit of pressure so may squirt a little but no big deal. Then, get a large cup and put the key on and it will pump fuel into the cup. Do this several times until the flow is steady and the gas is of good quality. Then snap it back on and start it. Normally, they run fine right away but sometimes stalls and then will restart and stay running the 2nd or 3rd time. The whole process take all of 5 minutes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back